Friday, August 24, 2007

CupsAndString released. Now what to do?

Okay, so I have released the first version of cupsandstring
<https://launchpad.net/cupsandstring/>. I have a few things I could do now:

a) Create a Skype connection manager
b) Clean up the telepathy-python bindings
c) Try porting to windows
d) Start work on that package manager idea of alexreg's (a set of MSI packages
with deb-like dependencies, but which can install themselves on windows,
where there isn't necessarily a package manager already installed.)

The idea that excites me most is the skype one. I would love to see what kinds
of hacks people come out with if I manage to get voice and video working on
that. Doesn't seem too hard either: http://skype4py.sourceforge.net/

1 comment:

Noldorin said...

Hmmm... I'm sure you favourite project really *is* the package manager (apt-msi), I'll just have to get you using Windows a bit more so that you start longing for it. :P Not sure if the idea was mine in the first please, but nice of you to attribute it to me. ;) Anyway it would be interested to see where this Skype thing goes...