Saturday, June 09, 2007

Computer

Okay, so I don't think my computer has ever been (or should ever be again) off for that long.

When I switched it on, it got a cmos checksum error. What had happened is it run out of backup power and forgotten everything it was told. Annoyingly, not only did this include the clock, it also included the fact that my 3 disks are *not* in raid, and I would quite like to boot to one of them if that's not too much trouble kthxbi.

Took a while to fix (for some reason, I booted to my kubuntu liveCD and used date to check whether clock had reset rather than just checking the bios settings) and in the process, I discovered how to enable USB keyboard in the bios. I might also try wake-up-on-alarm at some point. Get it to wake up at 7 in the morning and put a cron job to play music at 7:30 :D

*huggles his computer*

*gets a sharp aluminium corner in his ribs*

*vows never to do that again*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was unfortunate.