Tuesday, June 12, 2007

pymsn

So it seems I've started hacking on pymsn.

It's quite cool, because I'm kinda working in parallel with alexreg's VB.NET client library. Both attempting to implement the newest version of the protocols, but in different languages.

He said he had problems getting the server to remember his username. I have discovered that I am too, but my test client had client.profile.display_name = "Alsuren" , so it tricked me into thinking it was working. I might take a look at the kopete code, if I'm feeling suicidal. See how it does it. (who's betting that it just store it locally? :P )

2 comments:

Noldorin said...

Ah I see you now have the same problem... I suspected you might once you dug deeper. You'll probably be quicker to spot the solution though - mainly because Linux has so many nice little OS programs whereas I have to download shareware even to get an HTTPS sniffer. As you know I'm using the WSDL docs from Kopete for my messenger, and they've been returning success even when the display name doesn't seem to change.

Now the interesting thing was: when I logged on this afternoon *with Pandion* (via an MSN transport) it displayed my changed display name. Seems like in some way it's working, and I'll have to take a closer look at that.

Tek said...

Nice to see that you've switched to Blogger from LJ. Blogger in my opinion looks better than LJ. Also, I just like Google. Nice to see you're still working alongside Alex (remember newsticker)...

--

Guess who I am...